Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fancy Shmancy Breakfast


I made this for my hun a few days back.
Scrambled eggs in a basket made of Parmesan cheese.
Can be great for salads as well.

I will post a video soon about how to make the baskets and some other fun shapes out of Parmesan.
For now read below to see how I did it.

Take a wide non stick frying pan.
While the pan is cold, sprinkle some shredded Parmesan cheese all over the surface. Make sure there aren't any gaps between the shreds of cheese.
I tried to make it more lace like and delicate so I didn't need much cheese. Say for a 13" pan I used less than 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan, just enough to make sure all the shreds were connected.
Turn the heat up to medium.
The cheese will begin to melt and will start to turn brown at the bottom, it took me about 3-4 minutes on my stove. Make sure all the strands of cheese have melted.
You have to be careful about this next step.
All the shreds will melt and bond together to form a single sheet resembling a doily.
You will be able to lift it all up from a single corner with tongs.
Lift it up and drape it over a large inverted glass bowl and let it cool down for a few minutes.
Remove it from the bowl and your basket is done!
This is how mine looked like.


The eggs were simple... whip together,
2 Large eggs
Coarse black pepper
Fresh thyme
Salt

Melt 1 Tbs of unsalted butter in a frying pan and pour in the eggs.
Lift the sides of the eggs as it cooks and allow the uncooked eggs to flow beneath.
Cook until done.
Place gently inside basket.
:-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment