Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Egg Ravioli

This was something fun and interesting I made for my guy this morning.
The picture is not the best quality A. It's gray outside B. My camera ran out of batteries before I could take more shots.



(serves 1-2)
(cook time 10 mins)
What and how

Eggs 3 large
Chili powder 1/4 tsp
Salt

Whisk the above together in a large bowl and set aside.
Now we'll make the cheese stuffing.
I used:
Goat cheese 3 Tbs (you can use ricotta or cream cheese if you wanted)
Yellow pepper 1 Tbs (thin slices)
Sun Dried tomatoes 1 Tbs (minced fine)
Beef sausage 3 Tbs (cooked)
Potatoes 3 Tbs (diced really small and cooked on a skillet with some salt, pepper and butter)
Pepper 1/4 tsp
Salt just a pinch (1/8 tsp)


Heat a frying pan and add a few drops of cooking oil (I used canola)
Spread about 2 Tbs of the egg mixture in a small circular disk, use the back of your spoon, about 3 inches in diameter.
Drop a spoonful of the mixture length wise in the center and while the egg is still soft, flip one side over so the edges can seal.

Continue until the egg  and the mixture runs out. I could make about 9 little raviolis, that's 3 per egg.
I think It would be great if you spread some shredded fontina cheese over the top and put these under the broiler for a few seconds just to melt the cheese! I'll do that next time.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Nabia...this sounds so good. What a great idea to use egg instead of dough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) I am glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete