Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cream Puffs

And this is how its done!

The filling was 5 oz Jell-O instant vanilla pudding made with 2 cups of cold milk. It tasted too much like fake vanilla and was too yellow and too sweet. I didn't like that! So I whipped 1/3 cup of plain heavy cream and mixed it in with the pudding. It turned a gorgeous pale yellow and very very creamy!
I used Chef Alton Brown's recipe for the choux pastry, however I doubled the amount of sugar to 2 Tbs. And considering the amount of eggs used I added 1/2 tsp of vanilla to prevent the puffs from smelling eggy...yuck!
The baking directions are perfect!
I dusted the cream puffs lightly with powdered sugar!
P.S. You can also find the show on youtube :-)

1 comments:

  1. lovely recipe nabia...perfect is the word that describes it.
    keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete